Saturday, March 13, 2010

Still waiting

Well, here we are...still waiting. No word, no news, nothing. It has now been over a month since we were told that it would hopefully be any day. That is over a month of staring at the phone every single day willing it to ring. Being frustrated and cranky when it is someone on the other end who is not the agency with the news we've been waiting for. Over a month of checking my email umpteen times a day. Over a month of having to field daily "Did you hear anything yet?" questions. I am surprised I am still functioning at this point. I did jokingly (sort of) tell Pat on Monday that if another week went by without news he should probably expect to have me checked in to a padded cell with sedatives. It really is amazing how strong we can be ("we" as in humans in general) as it is another dreaded week gone by and I am not in the padded cell sedated as I had originally suspected I would be. I have already trained myself to begin thinking hopefully about next week. Telling myself that next week is when we will hear something. In a way the weekends are a bit of a relief in that I know we won;t hear anything so I don't have to stare at the phone and check my emails constantly (well, to be honest I still do...just in case).

Well patient readers, family, friends...we are still waiting, we have not heard anything, I am not in a padded cell and next week is a brand new week full of hope and possibility. I hope my next post will not be next Saturday, but rather during the week and it will be letting everybody know that the most anticipated phone call of my life thus far (even more anticipated then my acceptance to law school) has happened and that we are finally on our way to our little water buffalo...

7 comments:

  1. Here is some hopeful news for you...

    The BC families who left the country without their babies in December have returned and just had their G+R's this week. Last night at a waiting mommies dinner 2 families shared that they got travel dates at 4pm for a week wednesday-ish...one of those families had been waiting since August. Another family I know adopting a SN baby boy has a mid april date.

    Things are moving. You are next...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meg, I can totally relate to the "Have you heard anything yet" question. I started feeling like the biggest elephant in the room. Hang in there - your turn will be soon! Regards, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope hope hope hope HOPE
    Would it help if I loaned you my kids until you get the call?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keeping my fingers crossed and toes crossed. So many things we don't have control over...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Meg,

    I just came across the link to your blog from a friend's blog. I started the adoption process (HS) in January of 2006 and my file went to Vietnam in October of that year. We were told at that point that it would be 6-9 months from file to Vietnam to holding our babies.

    Well... needless to say that time passed and passed and passed. I started the process as a single waiting parent and I (we) finally brought home our little girl in November 2009. In the meantime, I have married, had to defer our adoption due to a surprise pregnancy (two days before a referral that we were told was coming 4 months earlier), and then lost our son when he was born at 5 1/2 months. I can not appreciate exactly the pain of a failed adoption, but I can certainly sympathize quite closely.

    Know that your time will come! You will hear and you will travel and you will hold your son in your arms! You will no longer have to wait for photos that others take, you will take and post your own photos with you holding your son! The wait is so hard, but so worth it in the end.

    Sending you all my positive energy.

    Julia
    mom to Molly (Hai Duong Nov 2009)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for that very warm post Julia!! It always helps to hear from other families who have gone through the same thing. I am very sorry to hear about your lost son :( A failed adoption does not come close to the pain of a lost child IMHO. Thank you for sharing!

    Meg

    ReplyDelete