Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Over nine months with little dude!

On May 31st last year we became a family and Van became a part of our lives forever. That was over 9 months ago!! On March 11th he will have been in Canada for 9 months. He has been with us almost as long as he was at the orphanage. Time sure does fly. I took a trip down memory lane yesterday as I gathered together his adoption papers to be sent off for translation (we've decided to be proactive and get all our ducks in a row for the epic name change process we will begin in June). I shed a few tears as I read through his papers and saw the little picture sent with his medical. I chuckled and then shed a few more tears when I saw his unbelievably cute passport photo taken while we were in Hanoi. Oh how I miss the cockatoo hair :) It has been quite the journey so far and all I can say is I don't think I could possibly love this little guy anymore than I do. He is quirky, strong willed, annoying, crazy, loving, funny as hell and our little man. We are so lucky to have him. When I think about all we went through to get to this point it seems impossible that we have him in our lives. But he is here and we are so grateful.

I've decided to post a few choice pics from the past 9 months (I'll be doing this again when we reach a year....maybe before too lol):

Our first day at the orphanage:


G&R ceremony:


11 months:


1 year:


13 months:


14 months:


15 months:


16 months:


17 months:


18 months:


19 months:


(excuse my hair, yeesh)






Love you peanut! xo

1 comment:

  1. I am starting an online adoption resource for Canadians (www.adoptionmagazine.ca) and am wondering if it would be okay with you if I added your site to the list of "Canadian Adoption Blogs". Please e-mail me at adoptionmagazine@gmail.com and let me know. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete