Wednesday, June 1, 2011

1 Year ago we became a family!!

I can't believe it's been a year! A year ago yesterday on May 31st, 2010 we had our G&R ceremony and became a family. My post from that day is here. Where has the last year gone?? I remember how difficult things were at the beginning and how my hope was that one day my little boy would be happy. I worried that he would never recover from the trauma of being suddenly taken from the only life he had ever known. I worried that he would never feel secure with us and see us as his parents. I worried that we would never feel like he was our son. Those feelings are a lifetime ago. I could not love this child more. He is my son. I may throw out a few cliches here but he truly is the light of my life (no offence Pat lol). He is such an amazing little character and it is awe inspiring watching him grow and develop. I often look at him and think how lucky we are to have been entrusted with the responsibility of raising this little human. I feel confident in saying that he has attached to us and does see us as his parents. He smiles and laughs all the time and nothing makes me happier than to see him running around carefree being the little guy that he is. It's also pretty wonderful when he says mama and looks to me for comfort and cuddles. I love you little man!!

Here are some pics from the past year :)

Hanoi:


First meeting:


With his beloved nounou:


G&R ceremony:


First night at the hotel:


Hanging out with first friends in Hanoi:


At the airport:


Arriving home:


June:


July:


August:


September:


October:



November:


December:


January:


February:


March:


April:


May:


Gotcha day cake:


No comments:

Post a Comment