Saturday, December 19, 2009

Wait for updated pictures

Not sure if anybody's checking out the blog these days but it has been a week I know. It's just that there has really been nothing to blog about....other than the climate change conference, but I'm not going to blog about that...no one needs to hear me ranting so close to the holidays lol.

I heard from the pap who is adopting a little girl from the same orphanage as us. She is finally going over on January 15 (more than 7 months from referral!). The good news, other than her finally getting to be united with her little one, is that she is going to take pictures and possibly video of Van!! So we are anxiously waiting for the middle of January now. Not because we are any closer to going over, but because we will receive pictures of our little guy! Who knows what he looks like now! Our last pics are of when he was 2 1/2 months old. Anyway, something to focus on.

On the job front, I am supposed to meet with the firm I did a contract with last year to talk about a possible job. It will be as a law clerk as opposed to a lawyer, but the firm is great and the money is really good as well. I can't really say no at this point. Especially as we have no idea when we will be going to Vietnam. It could be March or April. I need to work. So I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will get offered this job! I'm not sure how many other people they have in mind.

We finally got out tree up this week. We've wrapped a couple of presents for Van and also bought him an ornament today from 10,000 Villages (made in Vietnam). Here's a pic of the ornament and tree:





We also ordered this awesome hockey player doll from Magnolia and Friends. They make Asian inspired dolls and all the proceeds go to charity. The woman who started the company did so because she had trouble finding dolls for her adopted daughters that looked Asian. It's such a wonderful resource! Here's a picture, I hope Van loves it as much as we do!:



And finally just for fun. Our furchild Chibi posing next to her December entry for the Ottawa Citizen/Humane Society 2009 Calendar. Our little super model lol. She's so ugly she's cute right??

2 comments:

  1. I googled 10,000 Villages, wow can't wait to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!

    Awesome pic of yer dog...cool that furchild made it to calender!!

    I LOVE your tree, it works really nicely with the wall colour, and I bet it smells great too!! 10000 Villages is pretty cool, but I couldn't help but think about the price difference, gotta go with an empty suitcase next time.

    The job opportunity sounds good too, I hope they well give you some time to get your baby. Well I suppose I should wish you luck getting the job first...

    Samantha filled me in on you full story. Holy cow. Crazy. Could make a movie.

    You have followers of your unfolding story here. I'm going to seek you out via facebook.

    See you again!

    ~Woody

    ReplyDelete