Thursday, December 10, 2009

Sometimes no news is bad news

Well, I caved and decided to email the agency director to see if there was a chance we could travel in January and the answer sadly is no :( The indication is that our time line is the same as other families who might (might mind you) be traveling January 13th and will have been waiting over 7 months. 7 months for us will mean a travel date in March or April or later (depending on when the processing actually started). Not good :( I'm feeling very frustrated and pretty down about this tonight. I feel like this adoption process will never end. This changes things quite a bit. I now will have to take whatever job comes along (here's hoping one finally comes along!!) as the time limit is going to run out on opening a parental leave claim. Unfortunately this means I may not be able to travel to Vietnam to pick our son up. I'm really hoping that a new employer will feel generous and allow me to go but I can't count on it.

Anyway, enough of the self-pity garbage! We've been though too much for this adoption not to work out eventually right?? Hopefully we'll get him before he enters high school lol...

1 comment:

  1. Arg, my heart is breaking for you. Of course it will work out, but these months are so hard.

    ReplyDelete