Monday, December 7, 2009

Retail Therapy

Well....obviously no news lol. So to cheer ourselves up, this past weekend we hit usedOttawa.com and Boomarang (an awesome second hand children store with a few locations in O-Town). We bought safety gates from a lady in Vanier; and a bumbo tray, soft stacking rings and a Leafs sleeper (no comments from the Sens fans) from Boomarang. The sleeper was for 6 months which is a little hopeful (ok, very). We think he's a bit smaller than average so if we get him older than 6 months maybe he'll still fit into it. You can't go wrong for $4 bucks right?

It's funny how I go through stages where I don't even want to think about the adoption because I feel like it will never happen, then I want to buy things and am all nesty. Ah the endless roller coaster of emotion.

This weekend we're going out to buy a xmas tree. It may just be the two of us but we'll make the best of it. I think we'll even wrap a few gifts for Van...

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you can get a special ornement for Van?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nest nest nest! Try to enjoy every day. I so remember how you feel, I really do. I remember last Christmas; I went the other way and didn't want to open anything that WASN'T a gift for the boys. All I wanted for myself was them and since I couldn't have them, all I wanted were excuses to think and talk about them.

    This year I am celebrating how lucky we are to be able to celebrate "baby's first Christmas" - twice! Not many babies have this chance you know...

    Van will be in that crib before you know it. And, if he is,(I say if only because he may sleep somewhere else) you will never get to dust in there again - when he is up, you will be with him, and when he is asleep, you won't be able to clean the nursery. So get that nursery ready! Ours still isn't finished - so I do understand that some days it's too much.

    Our boys are almost 17 months and can still fit into a lot of 6 month stuff.

    I agree with Sandra, the ornaments my Mom made last year that say "baby's 1st Christmas" are the one's they hung (in the photos) this year.

    Looking forward to meeting you - it should be very small so we will be able to talk.

    ReplyDelete