Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Woohoo!!

When I woke up this morning little did I know there would be a special little email waiting for me. It was our agency's director saying that the "extra" investigation is complete!! Everything looks good. She is hopeful that we will travel mid-May :) :) :) This could be later or earlier but her mid-range guess is May 17th. Just before he turns 10 months. But hey, if it's later so be it. We are just relieved we are back on track!

We couldn't be happier right now, honestly I can't even describe my emotions. I read the email on my iPhone on the way to the bus and promptly burst into tears! But this time they were happy tears...and tears of relief! Now of course the cautious person in me feels that I won't be truly and fully relieved of all my doubt until he is in my arms and the papers are signed. We've been through too much to fully "believe". But I am almost to the optimistic me that existed in February when I thought we'd leave any day.

So the nursery door has been cracked open again, the pictures are being lovingly looked at and our future imaginings once more involve a little guy named Van :)

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful! That's really good news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post brought tears to my eyes too!! So happy for the three of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. COOL! Guess all the positive thinking (and crossing of the fingers, toes, and limbs!) helped so I'm sticking to it ;) Thanks for the update and keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WooHoo is right! So happy and relieved for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Meg,
    I could cry right now! This is fabulous news and we are so excited for you! I understand the cautious part, but celebrate while you can. We'll celebrate for you again when you're holding Van in your arms.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Depuis la France: FELICITATIONS!
    Nous sommes très heureux pour vous!
    Cathy et Rose Thi-man (Hoa Binh,18 mois)

    ReplyDelete