Saturday, October 13, 2012

We got the call....well email actually!!

After weeks and weeks of waiting we finally got the go ahead to travel. Yesterday morning at6:30am Pat, who is a very early riser, came running up the stairs into our bedroom. I awoke to the noise of his pounding feet and of course thought something was wrong. Through one half closed eye I saw that he was pushing his cell phone towards me. Finally I realized that he was telling me that our program director had emailed us to tell us that we could travel. I guess she also is an early riser and checked her email before going for a run. She knew it was too early to call us so she emailed.

So Pat leaves next Friday and will meet Gerad Yihyun on the Monday. He will return that Friday. I am hoping he will keep the blog updated! If not I will try to.

Let the next chapter of my life, and all of our lives, begin....

4 comments:

  1. Oh! What fantastic news! I am thrilled for you. Congratulations to you all!!!!! Safe travels to Pat. Wow! You are travelling so soon. I now you have been waiting but a week! That doesn't leave one much time to prep things at work! I can't wait to read the blog posts. Congratulations again.
    Best wishes to you all,
    Elizabeth
    P.S. Do you have to be married to adopt from Korea? I'm single and it makes life quite a bit more difficult in the international scene!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting!!!! That' a very short time in country!! So different from V. Congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everybody! Yes Elizabeth you have to be married unfortunately. Korea is actually pretty difficult. You have to live in Ontario, be married, be under 45, be a certain weight. They are really stupidly fussy. But they did honour us with one of their children so I can't complain. Very excited....and scared lol.

    ReplyDelete