Tuesday, February 2, 2010

1st 2 weeks of work and some hope for February

I know it's been awhile since I've posted but I've been, well, busy with work lol. Also hasn't really been anything to report. Well first, my job is going well so far. I got 2 days of training in Toronto last week so they obviously have plans for me. The actual work has been a bit of a slow start which is not surprising as there is quite a learning curve! I am still excited by it all though which is a good sign.

On the good news front, our AP friends Brodie and Eric are in Vietnam now with their son Samuel. I've seen the family pics and they're so precious. I cried when I saw the first pic of Brodie with Sam. We spent a few coffee's in the past few months talking about whether our day would ever come. Well her's has come and I am so happy for her family!

Now on to us. I was out for dinner with our agency director last night (volunteering for an event to raise money for causes our agency works with). She stated that she was very hopeful that we would travel the end of February! Now, we are not going to get too excited by this news as we all know how unpredictable this process is. But this is more hope than we have had in a long time. I was expecting April to be honest. Again, it may very well end up being that far in the future (although she did say pretty emphatically that it shouldn't be that long). So I told my job today it could be sooner than expected and they have been very supportive. So loyal readers, stay tuned to see how things unfold over the next few weeks :)

2 comments:

  1. You are the second possibility of good February travel news I have heard today...February is shaping up to provide some excellent blog reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, sounds like I won't have to have that chat with anyone at your work after all? You just let me know.

    ReplyDelete